Monday, August 9, 2010

Two months in

This summer has been quite different from the last, and I am very thankful for that. I have been up here for two months now and have a church to go to. Unfortunately, this is not the church where my heart is at. I long for a church that I feel is home and one that I gladly call home. The church that I am at now sometimes feels like an obligation rather than church. I do not get excited like I used to get about church when going to this one. This church started with a bitter taste in my mouth. All I really want is to church seek, even though I most likely have less than year in this area.

I have found several brothers that are solid and great to hang out with. They have already called me out and areas of my life that needed it and encourage me to grow and strive for godliness. This has been a great blessing in my life. All I pray for that God provides me with is a mentor of some sort up here. I am patient in getting to know more people and getting settled in, but mentorship is one of the most important things on my list that I am currently lacking. God has provided me so much in my readjustment of life. It is just a matter of time before He brings this into my life as well! So thankful for such a loving and gracious Father!

2 comments:

  1. just my personal opinion and I don't mean to sound critical, but I believe that any person who is dependent upon other people to be "whole" is a person who is lacking inner character, character that will never be achieved so long as that dependency is enforced; not to say that friends, even mentors, can be useful in achieving character, so long as they are regarded as teachers and guides and not supports or crutches, but I think ultimately I see much too often people, especially in religious circles, placing too much emphasis on other people as the source of their wholeness... a mistake that is usually revealed the moment those people they value so much let them down, and all the so-called "wholeness" that depended on those people is shattered to reveal a total wreck in it's place... so, perhaps just a word of caution... that's all

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I am glad to know that someone continues to listen to my incessant rambling.

    Secondly, do I come across saying that people make me whole? I really hope not. Christ is what completes me. Having friends is just a perk.

    ReplyDelete